Includes: Hamilton, Coatbridge, Old Monkland
Lanarkshire (Siorrachd Lannraig in Gaelic), officially the County of Lanark, was formerly a county of Scotland. The city of Glasgow was part of Lanarkshire until 1893.
Lanarkshire was for some purposes treated as three separate counties: the upper, middle and lower wards, until the Local Government (Scotland) Act 1889
Modern towns of Lanarkshire
Gavin Ralston (03RAG0), of Auchengrammont near Hamilton.
Gavin also sometimes worked as a stockingmaker in Hamilton
John Henry Elcocks (07ELJ0) married Flora Cartwright (07CAA0) in her birthplace, Coatbridge, on 30/12/1894
Once a distinct hamlet, Old Monkland now forms a southern suburb of Coatbridge
Top Of Page